- Fall Salon (Image Competition / Education) Is Just Around The Corner!
- Get Your Images Ready Now… Youʼve Got All This Week & Next Weekend…
- A Great Panel of Judges are Lined Up For Us!
- First-Timers Will Have No Case Fee…
- Digital… This Salon Is All Digital Entry!
At our last guild meeting, we had a show of hands of no less than 15 members that were fully intending on participating in our Fall Salon! Plus, I’m sure there were a few that will be entering that were not at that meeting. So, it looks as though we should once again have a full Salon competition!
Also, our Salon Committee and our Board have evaluated the “print vs digital” on our local guild-level as well as eliminating as much cost as possible in light of the economy… not to mention our successful 2009 and 2010 Digital Salons bringing in 78 and 92 entries respectively! Simply put… we didn’t want to see participation dramatically decline… especially when bringing in judges from around the State. So far, there has been no negative feedback concerning all digital entry (no prints), but if you personally have a concern, or have already made prints in preparation for this salon, please call me this week to see if there is something we could do to accommodate. (904) 509-2133
Here Is What You Need To Do To Enter:
- Get your images ready! You may enter up to 6… your 4 highest scoring images will count toward end of the year awards, etc.
- Be sure to review the Official Salon Education Rules which will include your entry form.
- Be careful to follow instructions on naming your files and sizing your files.
File Size: 16”x20” at 200 dpi
Format: JPEG quality 10 (file size must not exceed 3.5mb)
Embedded color profile: either in sRGB or Adobe RGB (1998)
File name example: last name_category_imagetitle (use _ for spaces)
(This is the current PPA image guideline for entry except for adding name and category.)
- I need all your files e-mailed to me by 8:00 PM on Monday, Oct. 25th! This is the night before the meeting! firstname.lastname@example.org There is no extended deadline!
- Deliver your entry form and $40 entry fee no later than 6:00 PM at the Ramada on the night of the Salon… Tuesday, Oct. 26th. (1st timers are free!)
- As a favor… (not mandatory), could you please e-mail me sometime early this week to let me know you are entering. It will help us a great deal in preparation for the event. Just a quick note of intention… “yes, I’m in” or “I think I will, but am not totally sure”.
See you soon! And thanks for supporting our guild and your involvement in image education!