JPPG Fall Image Competition/Print Education/Salon
- Early Bird Deadline on Friday, September 20th, 2019 at 11:59 pm
- Final prints and entry fee must be received by Monday, September 23rd at 11:59pm
- A Great Panel of Judges are Lined Up For Us!
- First-Time competitors enter for free
We are excited to have several first-time competitors join us this year in image competition. This is a great way to improve your photography anonymously because the judges will be critiquing each image without them our anyone in the audience knowing who the maker is. The exception is if you win 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in a category or best of show. In that case we will celebrate you and the image you created!
Our judges this year are exceptional artists and award-winning photographers. All three were awarded the esteemed degrees of Master Photographer and Photographic Craftsman, and without giving too much away, other degrees and prestigious titles earned by these judges are: Certified Professional Photographer, Master Artist Degree and the prestigious Fellowship Degree from the American Society of Photographers (ASP). Each of them have had and currently have their work on display in public galleries. They have graciously agreed to spend a day with us for a nominal fee and we are truly grateful. Their names are withheld until all entries are received.
Judging will take place prior to our meeting from approximately 3pm-6pm and you are encouraged and welcome to attend. The room will remain darkened and attendees will remain silent throughout the judging process. Once the meeting has officially started for the evening (approximately 7:30pm), the scores will be announced for each image, and the judges will take turns critiquing each image against the criteria found here: 12 Elements of a Successful Print
How to Enter:
- Review the Official Salon Education Rules which will include your entry form. Print at least the last page and fill it out. Highlights are below, but please read all of the rules.
- Get your images ready! You may enter up to 6